This is a quick recipe for gingerbread brownies that are perfect for your post-holiday withdrawal. It’s just sweet enough to satisfy your cravings, but with a smaller sugar hangover.
It’s no secret that winter is my favorite time of year. No matter where I am in the world, I’ll always end up back home surrounded by sweets (and sweetness!) Plus, the added benefit of seeing a few people that I truly love–– including the one I put this recipe together with.
My first get together with Nikolina, we baked a cinnamon roll loaf from a tube. It was epic… and probably a million calories. Years later, we’ve got our big girl shoes on. The calorie count hasn’t changed, but this sweet treat is a little more work–– in barely ten minutes.
– I used Nordic Ware’s Pine Forest Bundt Pan for this sweet little forest, but this recipe also works with a 9×9” baking pan.
– The darkness of your forest will depend on the cocoa powder used.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 9×9″ pan